|Proof that some fun was had.|
Making the frame was not the easiest task, it involved splitting boards, splinters, and even a little cussing. We used the stud finder to measure out where the middle supports needed to be, standard studs are about 16" apart, and so are ours it turns out.We figured having at least three of the vertical frame pieces on studs was good enough so we placed one 16" from the edge and another 32" from the first, so that both the middle supports and one edge were on studs.
Once my oh-so-patient boyfriend finished all the pre-drilling and screwing of the frame, we lined it back up with the studs (which we marked of course, don't forget to mark them) and screwed it to the wall. Two drywall screws in each vertical support was plenty.We used the high tech method of "eye-balling it" to make sure the frame was level, I would recommend using a level, but we don't have one. It turned out just fine anyways.
After the frame was up and the first coat of paint was dry, we got to the fun part. This is the part shown above in the photo
|Be sure to use a drop cloth for this part.|
We splattered a sage green color first, and after it dried, a golden yellow color. Be sure to check all the holes for large drips of paint so they don't get clogged. And if you paint it outside like we did, give it a good once over for trapped bugs. Only one mosquito was harmed in the making of this pegboard.
After the paint was all dry it was time to put this baby up on the frame. As I mentioned above, we bought 3/4" wood screws for this purpose, but when it came time to mount the pegboard they were nowhere to be found. I'm sure they'll turn up months from now. Luckily in one of the sets of accessories
|Spacers are completely optional.|
We started by screwing down the four corners, and then adding in screws midway down the sides, and two more screws evenly spaced along the top and bottom edges. So if you decide to leave the spacers out, you would also put a couple screws into the middle frame pieces as well. Unlike when putting the frame together, it's not really necessary to pre-drill the holes for these screws.
Now that we had the pegboard secure I started arranging our supplies. I used a bunch of the standard hooks that come in the accessories kit to hang up our measuring tapes, scissors, rotary blade, ruler, embroidery hoops and thread. I used a few larger supports to hang up a dowel holding all of our ribbons. The part I like the most
|I'll post an update when it's completely done.|
I'm really excited with how it's turned out so far, and I'll post again when I have all the jars and bins up and organized. Our sewing room is finally coming together, and I think that we will be well prepared to take on the holiday season this year.