Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Inspiration in the Kitchen

You've probably noticed by now that I love to cook, bake, eat, all things kitchen related. Except doing dishes, just ask anyone I've ever lived with. But for the most part, the kitchen is a happy place for me. My latest kitchen project was part decoration,part organization.
Bygel Series from Ikea
First of all, the wall behind the sink was beyond boring, no window, no cabinets, no shelf, just wall. Secondly our only method of "storage" for dish scrubbers and things was cramming them in around the faucet and hoping they didn't end up at the bottom of the sink under a pile of dishes. With a little help from Ikea and I filled the blank wall with a handy rack for all my dish scrubbers, soaps and oven mitts.

This set of measuring cups and spoons is my latest acquisition when it comes to kitchen tools. Before getting these, the only measuring spoons I had were 1 tbsp and 1/4 tsp, and I inexplicably didn't have a 1/4 cup scoop despite having two different sets. The best part about them, besides the gorgeous colors, is that the whole set was only $0.99 at Grocery Outlet.

 Speaking of utensils, I shared my bird vegetable peeler in my last post, so I thought I'd round up the whole gang to show you. They are available from Animal House by Boston Warehouse, their website is not very functional but you can find these online and in most stores where they sell kitchen gadgets.

Shabby Chic Secretary Desk from 6Turner
Can you tell that I like bright colors yet? I also like storage space, which we're a little short on. For now we have a small bookcase acting as a microwave stand on another blank wall (what is it with the unused kitchen walls anyway?), but I absolutely love this cute little hutch. Although I'd prefer shelves to drawers on the bottom, I love the colors and the details on the cabinets doors.

But my all time favorite kitchen item to drool over on Etsy are these amazing sets of magnetic glass spice jars from Cook Outside the Box. Now I'll admit that I probably wouldn't know what to do with all of the spices there, but I like to think that having a set on my fridge would inspire me to become a spice master.
Everything Spice Kit - Set of 24

A girl can always dream right? Speaking of dreams and decoration, I just put the final paint touches on our pegboard for the sewing room, and that baby's going up today! I'm really excited to finally put it to use. I've taken lots of pictures and will be posting a tutorial post of the process soon!

P.S. The giveaway for a free scrapbooking program ends tomorrow so get your entries in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...