Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weekly Vintage Loot + Mystery Awesomeness

Since we've opened up the Behind the Drapes vintage shop I'm going to start posting each week about the cool vintage treasures we've found for our shop.

1960s Domestic Buttonhole Worker
I think this is my favorite piece this week because it really has character. Growing up with my mom's singer treadle machine, a vintage electric Bernina and all the accessories for both I developed a true fascination with sewing machine parts they amazed me as a child and they still do now.

1970's Ceramic Goblets with Wood Stems
This set of 70's goblets really drew my eye because of their lovely glaze, they match but each is so unique. Cami and our mom both have a love of pottery, and the part that I enjoyed the most was the glazing. The process of glazing is like a fantastically planned surprise, the glaze may have an anticipated color but you can never know for sure how it will turn out until it comes out of the kiln.

Leo Constellation Shirt
Speaking of surprises, I just rediscovered my favorite tee-shirt shop: isotope. They have the coolest screen printed tee-shirts on the interwebs. I really like this shirt, especially because I'm a Leo, but it would be impossible for me to choose just one favorite. Which brings me to the best part about their shop: you can purchase a Mystery Tee-shirt Grab Bag in any size and they'll send you 3 or 5 random tees at a discounted price. I don't know about you, but to me paying less for a mystery surprise sounds like a steal.

Maybe I'll get a Leo shirt in my grab bag... I'll keep you posted. I'll also be posting soon about our latest brainchild, the Up-cycling Challenge Apron.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for introducing me to a cool t-shirt shop, although now i'm really tempted to buy a grab bag. oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll warn you now, it's addicting! Since I found them a few years ago I've bought two 3 shirt bags for myself, one for my sister, and I just ordered another set of 5. :P I'm super excited to see what's in this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...